Why is my first session at Elite Tanning FREE?
The answer is quite simple. We love to see new faces in our salon! We want to give everyone the opportunity to tan with complete comfort in our luxurious facility. With that in mind there is no better way to examine our cozy little place and our friendly staff without giving you a test run on us!
Our staff is very knowledgable and friendly – if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask! We can consult you on which lotions and skin care products would be best for your skin type. If you are a beginner, they’ll also help you decide on the best way to start your great tan.
What makes Elite Tanning a better tanning choice than other salons?
First and foremost, Elite Tanning, LLC, is a recognized Smart Tan(tm) facility. Our salon adheres to the highest standards of excellence and educaiton in the indoor tanning industry.
Our Salon works hard to create the most comfortable and luxurious tanning environment in Arizona. We are professionally trained to give you the great tan you desire while reducing your risks.
We consistently share scientific research that examines the positive benefits and potential risks involved with tanning. We strive to have you understand why indoor tanning really is smart.
Our salon also maintains the highest level of safety and cleanliness. From equipment sanatizing to proper eye protection, our SmartTan salon is the place to go.
Why can I only tan for 15 minutes in the basic bed at Elite Tanning when other places let me tan for 30 or 45 minutes?
Our beds are brand new, state-of-the-art Ergoline Tanning Units. Our maximum exposure time is evaluated and set by our manufacture, based on: bulb power/wattage, number of bulbs and density of the acrylics. Our tanning beds will give you equal or better results in less time than the competition because we are conscientious aboutmaintaining our equipment and keeping the latest technology available to our customers. We also carefully monitor the progress of our clients and the bulbs in each of our units. When the bulbs come close to reaching their capacity, we replace them – immediately.
What are your return policies?
Our return policies are simple. All lotion sales are final. No exceptions. We are doing our best to protect our clients from contaminated products. How are we to know once a product leaves our facility what happens to it. To ensure that our clients are pleased with their choices we offer sample packets for nearly every lotionj we carry. This gives our clients the opportunity to try before they buy. Then everyone is happy.
Once a tanning package has been actiated or you’ve started using your package, it can no longer be refunded. If, however, you haven’t activated the package we will gladly give you store credit equal to the amount the package cost.
Tanning packages are non-transferable nor can be shared between multiple parties. The only person that can use your tanning sessions are you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Why is it smarter to tan indoors?
There are a great number of reasons and benefits to tanning indoors. Indoor tanning, for individuals who can tan, is an intelligent way to minimize the risk of contracting sunburn while maximizing the enjoyment and benefit of having a tan. Again, we call this SMART TANNING because tanners are taught by trained facility personnel how their skin type reacts to sublight and how avoid sunburn outdoors, as well as in the salon. Tanning is a proffessional facility today minimizes risks because:
-Commercial tanning salons in the United Sates and in mod Canadian provinces are regulated byt he government. In the United States, exposure times for every tanning session are established by a precise schedule that takes into accoint the tanner’s skin type and the intensity of equipment to deliver a dosage of sunlight designed to minimize the risk of a sunburn. The schedule, regulated by the Food and Drug Administrationm also takes into account how long an individual has been tanning, increasing exposure times gradually to minimize the possibility of burning.
I’ve heard i can get skin cancer if i tan? Is that true?
Though studies have suggest that tanning causes skin cancer, this remains a very complicated issue. Most studies clearly define the biggest risk factors for skin cancer as repeated sunburn and heredity. Plus, there are many other studies suggesting that people who receive regular sun exposure are at a lower risk for some forms of skin cancer. Like so many of life’s pleasures, tanning should be enjoyed in intelligent moderation.
If you abuse anything long enough, you can potentially get negative results. Moderate tanning practices won’t put you at ‘high risk’ for developing skin cancer.
The facts listed below have all been documented in respected news magazines or medical journals and are provided to help clarify any uncertainty regarding the world of tanning.
- It may be riskier for most people to avoid sunlight than to tan moderately, according to new research. -1
- Overall cancer rates are higher in sun-deprived areas of the world and decrease significantly as one gets closer to the equator. -2
- Malignant melanoma skin cancer is most common in people who do not receive regular sun exposure and most frequently develops on parts of the body that are not regularly exposed to sunlight. -3
- Several studies suggest that many types of cancer — including breast, colon, prostate and ovarian — are slowed or inhibited by increased exposure to sunlight. -4
- Sunlight is the body’s only natural and reliable source of vitamin D3. Studies suggest that this vitamin — linked to the prevention of breast, colon, prostate and ovarian cancers — cannot be reliably supplemented in our diet. -5
- More than 138,000 Americans die each year from breast, colon, ovarian and prostate cancers. Less than 2,200 die of non-melanoma skin cancer.
- A 1994 study shows that Northern women have 5 times greater risk of ovarian cancer than Southern women who receive more direct sun exposure. -6
- Four-and-a-half billion years of ongoing research has proven one thing conclusively: We would all be dead without sunlight — the source of all life on our planet.
- Beauty magazines receive approximately $1 million dollars in advertising from billion-dollar sunscreen-related companies every issue. Obviously, if the magazines didn’t support their “sunscare” agenda, they wouldn’t receive their advertising dollars.
- Dr. H. Gordon Ainsleigh, “Beneficial Effects of Sun Exposure on Cancer Mortality.”
- F.L. Apperly, “Relation of Solar Radiation to Cancer Mortality in North America.”
- Dr. R.P. Gallagher, “The Western Canada Melanoma Study.”
- Dr. G.P. Studzinski, “Sunlight—Can it Prevent As Well As Cause Cancer?”
- Dr. A.R. Webb. Dr. M.F. Holick, “The Role of Sunlight In Production of Vitamin D3.”
- Dr. E.S. Liefkowitz, Dr. C.F. Garland, “Sunlight, Vitamin D and Ovarian Cancer.”
Do i really have to wear those tanning goggles when i tan?
Yes. Federal law requires that our salon supply you with proper eye protection. It is your responsibility to wear it.
- Sunglasses are not adequate protection in a tanning unit.
- Your eyelids will NOT prevent ultraviolet light from penetrating into your cornea, lens and retina.
- Indoor tanning eyewear stops 99% of UVA light and 99.9% of UVB light, allowing only visible light through so you can see while tanning.
- Almost all indoor tanning-related injuries are to the eyes and would have been avoided if the tanner had worn proper protective eyewear.
- Your skin can tan — your eyes cannot. Protect them
How can I prevent those white circles from forming around my eyes?
The solution is actually easier than you might assume. In our salon we provide each of our clients with a pair of industrial standard, protective goggles. These goggles prevent nearly 100% of all light from passing through them. This is the reason you do not tan around your eyes. A new style of goggles has recently come out call Wink-Ease. These goggle stickers block out the negative UV light, but allow visible light to pass through and continue to tan around your eyes. They are sold at our salon for $.50. Ask one of our friendly staff about them today
How can i sustain my tan for as long as possible?
There are a number of things you can do to maximize your tan and sustain its duration.
- Use specially formulated indoor tanning lotion [see the question below for additional info.]. Indoor tanning lotions sold in this facility are different from lotions you buy at a super market or elsewhere. Today’s indoor tanning lotions are bio-engineered to maximize the results of your tanning visit while increasing the quality of your tan. Moist, nourished skin tans best — that’s a fact. Indoor tanning lotions are designed to supply your skin with the essential nutrients necessary for a tan. These special ingredients also moisturize your skin to keep it looking young and healthy.
- Moisturized skin tans more quickly than dry skin.
- Using lotion will give you better results, more quickly. This will save you time and money.
- If you are taking any medications, please let one of our staff members know. Some medications can cause reactions with UV light, so it is important that you tell us.
- Moisturize your skin! The heat and light from the tanning sessions can dry your skin. Because moist skin tans best, we recommend you moisturize before and after each tanning session to get the most out of each visit.
Are all tanning lotions the same?
No. If you buy a $5 dollar bottle of lotion, it will give you a $5 dollar tan. Our salon offers better tanning lotions, lotions that have beneficial ingredients like vitamins, herbs, enzymes, antibacterial agents and stimulators. These beneficial ingredients are too expensive to include in cheaper products.
Baby oil should never be used when tanning, indoors or out. Not only does this oil severely damage our tanning units, it also severely damages your skin.
What is Smart tanning?
Smart Tan International is a professional tanning salon association that actively promotes a responsible, life-long skin-care regimen of moderate sun tanning for individuals who can develop a tan and sunburn avoidance for all (a “Smart Tan”).
They are dedicated to educating indoor tanning professionals and the millions of customers they serve.
For additional information, visit their web site at www.SmartTan.com
I’ve noticed that a lot of tanning products contain hemp. Why do they, and what does it do?
Hemp was found in over 25,000 products before 1937, when domestic production of the cannabis plant was restricted by the DEA. Hemp seed oil is used for a number of cosmetic reasons. It is an anti-aging ingredient, it heals the skin, and offers excellent moisturization. It is used to treat sunburn, acne, wrinkles, dry or chapped skin, scrapes, scars, stretch marks and burns. Many lotion manufactures have discovered the benefits of hemp seed oil, and have included it in their products with good reason. Don’t expect THC to be on the back of the bottle though. Domestic hemp is made from a cannabis plant of the same species as marijuana, but is taller, less leafy, and has extremely low levels of THC.
If I tan twice a day, will i get darker faster?
The answer to this question is straightforward: Tanning more than once a day is against Food and Drug Administration regulations. Elite Tanning does not allow customers to tan more than once a day. It is important to understand that tanning too frequently will not make you any darker, but could ultimately be more likely to damage your skin.
Can i shower after i tan?
Your tan isn’t going to go down the drain. We do recommend, however, that you try to wait at least 2 hours after your session to shower. This practice ensures that all lotion [tingle or non-tinlge] have full absorbed into your skin and will also help maximize the quality of your tan.
Will tanning fry my internal organs?
This urban myth ranks right up there with alligators in the sewer system. Tanning beds aren’t microwave ovens that cook from the inside out. They are merely sophisticated lamps. UVA and UVB rays can only penetrate the top layer of the skin, leaving the liver, heart and all other organs perfectly safe. There has never been any conclusive evidence to prove this myth — it is simply false
Will my fingernails turn yellow if I tan?
According to the pros, acrylic nail enhancements, and many clear top coat polishes, will turn yellow when exposed to any UV rays. To prevent this, it is important to use a UV-resistant top coat to protect their nail polish and their acrylics. Elite Tanning also sells NAIL SAVERS.
Will the rays from tanning beds make my breast implants melt or spring leaks?
Try to remember, tanning is only skin deep. There is no evidence to support the idea that tanning units could cause problems with breast implants, but Elite Tanning recommends that all concerned clients ask their doctor.
Can i tan even if i’m pregnant?
As with breast implants, there is no evidence to support the idea that tanning units will in any way effect a baby in the womb..
How can I get my lower legs as dark as the rest of my body?
The easiest way to develop a tan on “hard-to-tan” areas is with a solid tanning accelerator, perhaps even one with a bronzer.
Do I have to undress completely to tan?
Tanning units can only tan areas of the body that are exposed. The rays of a tanning unit will not penetrate your clothing. Tanning in the nude is entirely your own preference. If you chose to tan with underwear on or off, it’s up to you. We do suggest that if you plan to tan in the nude, that you cover previously unexposed areas for the majority of the time for your first few sessions. Gradually increase the exposure to these areas until they can catch up with the rest. Remember, you don’t ever want to burn!
Will I catch a disease if I tan nude?
People cannot contract diseases from properly sanitized, well-maintained beds (At Elite Tanning, we not only Sanitize, but also disinfect every unit immediately after they are used). Disease specialists have said that no evidence exists to prove that sanitized tanning units have spread disease, nor can they spread veneral diseases or AIDS, both of which require intimate contact to get.